Do I need to enroll in a class section in My AP if I’m homeschooled?

If you’re homeschooled and want to take an AP Exam, you’ll need to arrange to take the exam at a local school that administers them. To register for an AP Exam, you’ll have to enroll in an “exam only” section in My AP. Here’s how.

Your first step is to contact AP Services for Students at 888-225-5427 (toll free in the United States and Canada) or +1-212-632-1780 or [email protected] That office can give you contact information for local AP coordinators who may be willing to test outside students. We recommend you do this no later than September 4.

You are then responsible for contacting coordinators on that list to see if one of them can arrange testing for you. You should do this no later than October 4. Note that schools may have their own local deadlines for receiving requests from outside students to test at their school.

The AP coordinator who agrees to help you will provide a join code for an “exam only” section in My AP. You’ll use the join code to join the section so that the AP coordinator can order your exam.