I’ve been granted exam accommodations by College Board in the past. Do I need to apply again?

If you have previously been approved by College Board for testing accommodations (for example, when you took the PSAT/NMSQT or SAT), you do not need to submit a new request.

Once your accommodations are approved by College Board, they remain in effect until one year after high school graduation (with some limited exceptions) and can be used on the SAT, PSAT/NMSQT, PSAT 10, and AP Exams.

However, keep in mind the following:

  • Some accommodations are administered differently across College Board programs. For example, for AP, if you’re approved for extended time, you won’t be automatically provided extra breaks. Extra breaks would need to be requested as a separate accommodation for AP.
  • AP Exam subjects have different components and what may be appropriate for one exam subject may not apply to another exam. For example, if you’re approved for extended time for math only, you wouldn’t receive extended time for an AP English Literature and Composition Exam. 
  • If you’ll be taking a digital AP Exam and need to test with a human reader or human writer/scribe, your SSD coordinator will need to contact the College Board SSD office to request this.  

If you have any questions about whether your existing approved accommodations are applicable for AP, talk to your school’s SSD coordinator.  

Contact AP Services for Students

Contact Form


(toll free in the United States and Canada)

Also Found On