Each exam has its own unique requirements; however, almost all of the exams have the following things in common. Details about each subject are on the exam pages.
- Most exams are 2–3 hours long.
- The first part of the exam usually consists of multiple-choice questions.
- You will choose 1 of 4–5 answer choices for each question.
- Your total exam score on the multiple-choice section is based only on the number of questions answered correctly. You won’t receive or lose points for incorrect answers or unanswered questions.
- The second part of the exam usually consists of free-response questions that require you to generate your own responses. Depending on the exam, your responses could be in the form of an essay, a solution to a problem, or a spoken response.