The ability to request a makeup digital exam will be available in My AP beginning May 18 (the first day that digital exams begin to be administered).
You may submit a request for a makeup digital exam if:
- An issue occurred during your digital exam that impacted your ability to test.
- An unexpected situation prevented you from being able to take your digital exam on the scheduled exam date.
- You didn’t start check in before the official start time for the exam and were therefore unable to test.
- Your exam responses were unable to successfully submit to the AP Program after repeated attempts to submit.
Deadline: If you want to request a makeup digital exam, you must do so through My AP as soon as you know you need a makeup digital exam. Requests must be submitted no later than 7 calendar days before the makeup digital exam you want to take.
Note the following:
- Important: All makeup digital exam requests that are approved as of the deadline of 11:59 p.m. ET 7 calendar days before a scheduled digital exam date will be processed. Requests that are pending as of this deadline will be automatically approved and processed.
- Once makeup exam requests are approved and processed, your previous exam won’t be scored, even if you don’t ultimately sit for the makeup exam.
- If you know in advance that you won’t be able to test on their scheduled exam date, don’t submit a makeup request through My AP. Instead talk to your AP coordinator about whether a later exam date is available.
- Digital makeup exam requests are subject to review by your AP coordinator.
- Makeup digital exam requests can only be submitted if you were registered for a digital exam. If you want to know about makeup exam options for a paper AP Exam or an AP Chinese or AP Japanese Exam, talk your AP coordinator to find out what options might be available.
How to submit a makeup digital exam request
- Sign in to My AP
- Click Place Request under Request Makeup for the appropriate course
- Click Request a Makeup from the pop-up window
A note will indicate the makeup request has been received.