Withhold Scores

You can request that the AP Program withhold one or more AP Exam scores from any college, university, or scholarship program that you chose as a score recipient. The score will be withheld from any future score reports sent to that college, university, or scholarship program.

  • A request to withhold a score does not permanently delete your score.
  • You may later release the score to the recipient by sending the AP Program a signed written request. There is no charge to release scores.
  • For scores to be withheld from the college, university, or scholarship program that you indicated as your free score report recipient at cb.org/apfreescoresend the AP Program must receive your request by June 15 of the year you took the AP Exam.


  1. Download and fill out the AP Score Withholding Form.

    Fill out the form with your information, including which exam scores you want to withhold and from which recipients, and sign it.

  2. Provide your credit card information on the form.

    The fee to withhold a score is $10 per score per score recipient. Credit card is the only acceptable form of payment for this request. 

  3. Send the form to AP Services.

    Mail or fax the completed form to the address below.

    AP Services
    P.O. Box 6671
    Princeton, NJ 08541-6671
    Or fax 610-290-8979

Key Dates