Be sure to bring these:
- Your testing computer and its power cord.
- Pens or pencils, for scratchwork.
- An acceptable calculator if your AP Exam allows the use of a calculator.
- If you don’t attend the school where you’re taking the exam: a current government-issued or school-issued photo ID. (Additional ID may be required by authorized test centers outside the United States.)
- Your College Board SSD Accommodations Letter if you are taking an exam with approved testing accommodations.
Don't bring these:
- Electronic equipment including phones, smartwatches, fitness trackers, wearable technology, cameras, recording or listening devices, or any other type of electronic or communication device.
- The only exceptions to the above restrictions are laptops or other devices specifically permitted to be used for in-school digital testing.
- School-owned and school-controlled digital recording devices are allowed only for the AP French, AP German, AP Italian, and AP Spanish Language and Culture Exams, and the AP Music Theory Exam.
- Books, reference guides, notes, compasses, protractors, mechanical pencils, pencils that are not No. 2, correction fluid, dictionaries, highlighters, or colored pencils.
- Scratch paper: Students testing in-school are prohibited from bringing scratch paper to the AP Exam, but scratch paper will be provided.
- Watches that beep, make a noise, or have an alarm.
- Computers or calculators that are not approved.
- Reference guides, keyboard maps, or other typing instructions.
- Ear plugs.
- Clothing or shoes with subject-related information.
- Food or drink.
For all exams administered in school—paper and pencil exams and digital exams—a student observed with any of these prohibited items during testing or breaks may be dismissed from the exam, the device may be confiscated, the student’s score may be canceled, and no retest may be permitted.
If you’re testing in school, follow your school’s health and safety protocols for the exam room. AP policies allow you to bring hand sanitizer to the room, but it must be placed under the desk, not on the desk. You may use any other PPE (such as masks) following your school’s current requirements.
Details about required and prohibited items are in the AP Exam Terms and Conditions.