Before exam day:
- Check with the school or center where the exam is being administered to find out what room the exam is being administered in.
- Plan to arrive well before your exam’s scheduled starting time.
Be sure to bring these:
- No. 2 pencils for your multiple-choice answer sheet.
- Pens with black or dark blue ink for completing areas on the exam booklet covers and for free-response questions in most exams.
- An acceptable calculator if your AP Exam allows the use of a calculator.
- If you don’t attend the school where you’re taking the exam: a current government-issued or school-issued photo ID. (Additional ID may be required by authorized test centers outside the United States.)
- Your College Board SSD Accommodations Letter if you are taking an exam with approved testing accommodations.
Don't bring these:
- Food or drink, including bottled water—these are not allowed in the exam room
- Any electronic equipment or communication devices, including:
- Phones, smartwatches, or wearable technology of any kind
- Laptops or tablet computers
- Bluetooth devices
- Portable listening or recording devices such as MP3 players and iPods
- Cameras or other photographic equipment
- Devices that can access the internet
- Separate timers of any type
- Any other electronic or communication devices
A student observed with any of these devices during testing or breaks may be dismissed from the exam, the device may be confiscated, the student’s score may be canceled, and no retest may be permitted.
Bulletin for AP Students and Parents 2019-20
This publication is a complete guide to the AP Program. It includes information on exam policies, getting ready for exam day, and the 2019 exam schedule.
Bulletin for AP Students and Parents 2019-20: Spanish-Language Version
This Spanish-language publication is a complete guide to the AP Program. It includes information on exam policies, getting ready for exam day, and the 2019 exam schedule.
Bulletin for AP Students and Parents 2019-20: California Supplement
This supplement to the Bulletin for AP Students and Parents provides additional information for students who take AP Exams in California.
You are not permitted to bring food or drink, including bottled water, into the exam room (unless approved as an accommodation by College Board’s Services for Students with Disabilities office). During the 10-minute break between Sections 1 and 2 of the exam, with the proctor’s permission, you can leave the exam room to get a drink of water or a snack.